menu   Home Book Trailers The Goods Tools About Me  

Search This Blog

Malachi

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.
-Psalms 139:13-16

We have a powerful creator who intentionally created each and everyone of us.  I have 2 friends from college who have a son that reminds them daily that we are fearfully and wonderfully made.  

But before we get to Malachi, let's talk about his incredible parents.  Jake and Leah are 2 of the most hilarious down to earth people you will ever meet and have been lovebirds since Jr. High.  Both are outdoorsy and adventurous characters from Ohio who settled in a small town outside of Cleveland, TN after college.  They are teachers in the public schools (Jake- math/coach, Leah-special ed.) and help lead the youth organization at their church.  You spend 30 seconds with them in their log cabin and you have never felt so at ease and comfortable in your whole life.  I became close with Leah because we were both were in Special Education and the same sorority at Lee University.  Never have I experienced the true gritty love of God wrapped in such a tiny, optimistic, powerful package.  Strength, consistent, and joyful are words that go hand in hand and cannot be separated from Jake and Leah.

Jake and Leah have been kept on their toes to say the least when their son, Malachi, who was due May 21 was born February 4, 2013.  You can watch the video they made about him here…. to get a glimpse into their last year. Don't move on until you've viewed it.  It will rock your world.




One of the many things I love about Jake and Leah is that they have managed to keep up with a blog.  If we can teach our students anything- it is that writing has power.  Absolute power.  The story of Malachi cannot be separated from the story of the love of God for us- and Jake and Leah capture it eloquently and honestly.  Despite what their moment, day, hour, or week has contained you finish reading the last sentence absolutely encouraged and overwhelmed with God's love for us.  

Our words and our words collectively hold power.  Whatever background you come from, I ask you to lift up Jake, Leah, and Malachi in prayer- and please don't stop.  This little buddy needs it more than ever and we thank God for him.  We are expecting miracles for Malachi.  

Isaiah 65:24 Before they call I will answer; while they are yet speaking I will hear.


Phillipians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

John 14:13-14 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.

Follow their blog here www.caringbridge.com/visit/malachicarroll


Here is their Facebook album that they update frequently with pictures of the little dude!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah,

    There story had me in tears! God definitely has a plan for Malachi. I really like that you are helping them share their story! Do you think it is possible that I share their video on Facebook?

    Your blog came out awesome! I really want to work with Michelle and create a new blog for me...eventually. Right now, I am using a design I created.

    I became your NEWEST follower today. Please stop by my blog and do the same!


    Emerald

    If You Mustache, I Heart Teaching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! They would love you to share their story! There is SUCH POWER IN IT!!!

      Michelle is INCREDIBLE!!!! I will definitely check out your page! THANKS!

      Delete